Cunico Electric offers a wide variety of services and amenities that are designed to accommodate all your specific requests and requirements. We are dedicated to meeting your needs effectively, professionally and affordably and we offer a level of expertise you’re not likely to find elsewhere.
Frequent breaker trips could be a sign that the circuit is being overloaded somewhere on the property. A wire, socket, or appliance could be overheating, which could eventually cause a fire.
A light bulb that prematurely burns out in a particular lamp or socket is a sign of a poor electrical connection causing heat build-up in the lamp. Identifying the poor connection and repairing it should resolve the issue.
Yes. A loose plug in an outlet results in high electrical resistance. Electrical resistance causes overheating, which often results in a fire. An overheating outlet may also damage the connected device or appliance. Replacing an electrical outlet is a relatively inexpensive task.
They both perform the same function, disrupting the flow of electricity when a fault is sensed. A fuse will have to be replaced once it has tripped, whereas a circuit breaker won’t need replacement. It is for this reason that circuit breakers are more commonly used.
When a wire carrying an electrical current comes into contact with the grounded conductor wire or the equipment ground wire, excessive heat is created. If you see sparks in your electrical panel, you’ve likely witnessed a short circuit, and you should have it checked by an electrician.
This type of electrical outlet is designed to protect you from electrical shock if moisture is present. They are commonly found in bathrooms, kitchens, outdoor outlets and garages. They feature test/reset buttons. Depress the “test” button to turn off the GFCI. The “reset” button turns it back on after it has tripped. If it doesn’t reset, you’ve got a problem and will need an electrician.
There are several reasons this could be occurring. However, one particular reason that should be ruled out for the sake of fire safety is overheating. A light fixture with a poor airflow design will result in excessive heat buildup around the bulb. Having to replace bulbs again and again is not just an inconvenience; it’s also a fire hazard. Have your light fixtures inspected by an electrician if you notice that bulbs are constantly blowing out.
An outdated electrical panel, often found in older homes, isn’t designed to meet the electricity demands of modern living. Today’s families love their appliances and electronics. If your home’s electrical panel is less than 200 amps, it’s time to enter the modern age with an upgrade.